S - 100 Antiscalant Membrane Chemicals are a highly effective chemical pretreatment specially formulated for feedwater with high levels of metal hydroxides, silica and scale-forming minerals. They are effective over a wide range of concentrations of calcium carbonate, calcium sulfate, calcium fluoride, iron hydroxide and aluminum hydroxide. Use of S-100 Antiscalant is recommended for reducing operating and capital costs of typical reverse osmosis systems.
- Effective in retarding polymerization and precipitation of silica
- Effectively controls inorganic scales over a large concentration range.
- Compatible with major manufacturer's RO, NF, and OF membranes.
- Does not flocculate dissolved iron/aluminum oxide/silica complexes.
- Effective in controlling calcium carbonate and calcium sulfate scales.
- Effective in feedwaters with pH range 5.0 — 10.0
- Effective for controlling aluminum, iron and heavy metal salts.
S-100 Antiscalant should be injected into the feedstream prior to the static mixer and cartridge filter. Effective pH range is 5 — 10. If frozen, may be thawed and mixed before use. Stability is excellent, but best used within 12 months.
Antiscalant is shipped as a concentrated solution. This concentrated solution must be mixed with clean RO water to the proper level for each system specifically. A water analysis and RO system flow rates must be used to figure the site specific mixture and dose rate. Please call 1-805-777-7037 or send your water analysis and flow rate info to firstname.lastname@example.org to give you the right dosage and mixture. Over or Under concentrated solutions could damage your RO membranes.